Hi again, everyone. We wanted to check in with you today and tell you about our newest quarantine discovery: cannabis juicing! It’s a fantastic way to get in some of your daily CBD dose, with the added boost of fresh fruits like organic mango. This is a new daily habit for us, one we’ve found to be especially effective before getting in a workout.
Now, for those of you who are also new to the juicing game, the cannabis game, or both, this is what we mean when we talk about juicing cannabis:
First, you take raw cannabis leaves (we source them from hemp plants, but you can use marijuana leaves as well, depending on legalities where you live.) You place them in your juicer, then process and add your favorite fruits and/or veggies of choice, mix them together for a great morning (or any time of day) drink.
As you probably know, we’re great believers in the potential benefits of CBD. And, as it turns out, consuming raw, unprocessed cannabis can actually boost those benefits. Which is why, today, we’re going to walk you through some of the top reasons to hop on board our juicing bandwagon.
Benefits of Raw Cannabis
To review, our company sells broad-spectrum cannabidiol CBD products. CBD is a cannabinoid, one of hundreds of naturally-occurring chemical compounds housed inside cannabis plants of all varieties. Cannabinoids interact with your body’s internal endocannabinoid system, triggering potentially beneficial effects including a reduced pain response, improved muscle recovery and so much more.
In order to extract CBD from its home plant, you have to initiate some complex processes. Some of the processing involved actually unleashes potential CBD benefits. But recently, we’ve discovered exciting research that points to the benefit of consuming cannabis in its raw, unprocessed, leafy-green form.
Leading the charge in this field of cannabis study is Dr. William Courtney, who’s a member of the International Cannabinoid Research Society, the International Association of Cannabis as Medicine, the Society of Clinical Cannabis and the American Academy of Cannabinoid Medicine. Basically, he knows lots about the power of cannabinoids.
And, according to his current research, it’s time we start treating cannabis plants as veggies, not just as CBD sources. Why? Basically, he’s discovered that eating raw cannabis may actually enhance some of the suggested benefits we associate with CBD use. He suggests that ingesting cannabis is the best way to unlock its potential therapeutic benefits. He also notes that raw cannabis appears to trigger your ECS receptors more effectively than other forms. And, his current findings suggest that consuming raw cannabis may actually help your cells become more efficient. 
Of course, this last fact is really exciting for hard core (home) gym goers like us. We love working out hard, and we love the fact that juicing hemp can help our bodies work to their limits, and recover at a faster pace. Want to learn more? Here’s a detailed guide to getting the most out of the hot new hemp-juicing trend.
How to Juice Hemp
As we suggested at the beginning of this post, it’s pretty easy to juice cannabis. Simply follow this step-by-step guide, and you’ll find yourself with a favorite new green juice.
1. Source. You can’t use any old cannabis for juicing: you really need fresh-picked, organically grown plant material. And this form of cannabis is best-obtained directly from a grower. We know, that’s easier said than done. For us, it’s a bit simpler, because we already have relationships with growers. But you may also be able to find a local grower who’ll provide you with fresh product. Or you can grow your own, depending on legality in your area. Just make sure you choose pesticide free leaves, since juicing a plant treated with chemicals can make you pretty sick.
Once you have your plant material, it’s time to choose which parts to include in your juicer. Hemp buds are the best source for cannabinoids, but they are more expensive than plant leaves. Don’t worry, even if you can’t afford or source hemp buds, just using the leaves can yield some dietary benefits.
2. Prep. You don’t have to do this part, but it does make the next step a bit easier. Basically, you take your buds or leaves, put them in a bowl, and add lukewarm water to just cover. Leave to soak for up to one hour, and remove your materials. 3. Juice. Place the cannabis leaves or buds in your juicer, keeping in mind that you’ll need quite a bit of raw plant material to produce a single serving of juice.
4. Strain. Your just-processed juice will still be lumpy, so you’ll have to strain out the solids. Any strainer will do, but you may prefer to use a porous material like cheesecloth, since you can use it to squeeze your pulp several times, maximizing the juice yield. 5. Customize. Now’s the time to add your own mix-ins. And you really need to follow this step, since, on its own, the juiced cannabis really won’t taste great. Just be cautious about adding citrus to your juice, since high acidity content could neutralize the effect of the hemp plant’s active ingredients.
Our Perfect Juiced Hemp Recipe
As we mentioned, we’ve discovered that mixing mango with our juiced cannabis yields the perfect flavor balance for our tastes. And the recipe gives us great energy for working out, or even just facing the daily realities of running a business and raising two active kids. So, you’re welcome to try this recipe, or experiment with your own mix-ins. Find another perfect blend? Feel free to share with the community by posting in the comments. In the meantime, we hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
Fruit, Greens and Hemp Juice Smoothie Recipe
· 1 Whole Organic Kent Mango cut in cubes or sliced no skin.
· 1 Organic Green Apple cut in cubes or sliced
· ½ of Organic banana
· 3 Kale Leaves with Stalks (Juiced)
· 1 Full dropper of 12 Twenty Natural Flavored CBD Oil
· 20 Organically grown hemp Leaves (Juiced)
· 5 Organic Plantain Leaves (Juiced)
· ½ cucumber
· 1 to 2 teaspoons of Agave or rice syrup
· 1 cup of Low-fat nondairy yogurt or Almond milk or nondairy milk your choice of nondairy milk or if you prefer it a little thicker use nondairy yogurt.
1. Place Cannabis leaves, Plantain Leaves and kale in a juicer and juice.
2. Place 1 Whole Organic Mango, 1 Green apple, ½ banana, ½ cucumber, 1 cup of Low-fat nondairy yogurt or Almond milk or nondairy milk (if using), 12 Twenty CBD oil, and agave or rice syrup in a blender and blend with Ice. 3. Add the juice from the leaves to the blender and blend all ingredients together.
4. Pour in a glass and enjoy.